My story...

I left Vancouver on April 4 2010 to live one year abroad. I arrived in London- spent a week with my cousins, headed over to Ireland to see some more cousins and tour the country, back to London for a day- and arrived in Paris on April 28th, 2010. I found an apartment and started working on May 10th. From May 2010 until February 2011 I lived the Parisian life and took advantage of living in the epicenter of the world by traveling and exploring numerous nearby countries such as: Algeria, Portugal, Switzerland, Spain, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, the south of France, Belgium, Morocco, and South Africa.
This blog takes you into the wonderful adventures of my life with stories and pictures galore.
I was due back to Vancouver on April 1, 2011- where I took my position back after my one year leave. I flew back to Vancouver on March 27, 2011. It has been good to be back- I am so blessed as I am surrounded by such great people!!! So good to see friends and family again after 1 year!
Just because I'm back in Vancouver to what was my "normal" life... doesn't mean the adventures and blogging stop here. The adventures will continue I'm sure... so
the only way to stay informed with my random experiences is to come back to this page! So add it to your favourites.

last updated: April 2, 2011.

Sunday 18 April 2010

It's not a myth...

It's not a myth...the Irish love to drink. There are bars on every corner in Dublin. So I have been walking through the streets of Dublin and there are seriously bars everywhere.

When you go into town really early you see the keg deliveries beside the front doors.



This evening I was on the bus home and I guess the bars and shops put out cardboard recycling and there were beer boxes filled with flattened beer boxes, piled on top of other beer boxes with the same.

My cousins were telling me that when they first got to Dublin, people would give directions based on pub names!!! (Not streets, not landmarks, not monuments....pubs) For example: "Take a left at the 'Stags Head' and then when you see the 'Black Horse Pub' you take a right, follow the road until you pass the 'Brazen Head' and it's two doors down." So my bit of advice when coming to Dublin is to memorize pub locations, not street names!

My philosophy is that one cannot come to Ireland without learning the history of what it's famous for... Its Guinness. So.. I payed a visit to the Guinness Storehouse which is a 6 level educational experience about the history, brewing process, advertisement over the years... everything you need to know about the beer invented by Mr. Arthur Guinness in 1759.

I took loads of pics...way too many to post, so here's a few.

Mr. Guinness's signature...signing a 9000 year lease to the property where Guinness is brewed.

In white: Countries where Guinness is sold.
In gold: Countries where Guinness is brewed and sold.
In the advertisement section they had old bottles, cups, glasses, commercials, pictures, posters, coasters, everything which depicted how Guinness has advertised throughout the years.
But the best was the exit...on your way out you are surrounded by these pillars that have TVs on them and mirrors all around so it looks like you're in this huge maze and the TVs are showing a Guinness being poured into a glass, and the sound and everything... geez, talk about subliminal messages!!!
A spooky face down the street!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment