My story...

I left Vancouver on April 4 2010 to live one year abroad. I arrived in London- spent a week with my cousins, headed over to Ireland to see some more cousins and tour the country, back to London for a day- and arrived in Paris on April 28th, 2010. I found an apartment and started working on May 10th. From May 2010 until February 2011 I lived the Parisian life and took advantage of living in the epicenter of the world by traveling and exploring numerous nearby countries such as: Algeria, Portugal, Switzerland, Spain, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, the south of France, Belgium, Morocco, and South Africa.
This blog takes you into the wonderful adventures of my life with stories and pictures galore.
I was due back to Vancouver on April 1, 2011- where I took my position back after my one year leave. I flew back to Vancouver on March 27, 2011. It has been good to be back- I am so blessed as I am surrounded by such great people!!! So good to see friends and family again after 1 year!
Just because I'm back in Vancouver to what was my "normal" life... doesn't mean the adventures and blogging stop here. The adventures will continue I'm sure... so
the only way to stay informed with my random experiences is to come back to this page! So add it to your favourites.

last updated: April 2, 2011.

Saturday 29 May 2010

Tranquility



Tranquility is the right word... what a beautiful little hide away in the middle of Paris. This Parisian mosque is so beautiful. It has a fancy restaurant/café with a beautiful terrace and a wonderful, quiet, and peaceful garden, to escape in. I decided to pay it a visit and boy was I happy to. It is absolutely stunning... Even if you're not muslim, I suggest taking an afternoon to visit its gardens. If you need to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city on a beautiful sunny afternoon... Keep this in mind when you come to Paris!


A fig tree :)

Sore feet=shoes off :)
Beautiful tiles!

5 comments:

  1. How gorgeous is that?! That is certainly a nice thing about Europe-the houses of worship are just beautiful. Even if you are not a follower of that particular faith (or any faith), you can certainly appreciate the architecture and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said amy! i agree 100%!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!! I wanted to visit last year but did not get a chance. Thanks for sharing your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, F. I imagine you'll be back on occasion?
    Hey, have you visited the Pere Lachaise cemetery yet or do you plan to?
    Lots of famous folks buried there and some of the headstones and tombs are supposed to be amazing.
    Enjoy your summer there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first trip to Paris was magical...I think it was because I was with my best friend in the land of Coco Chanel. I loved the beauty of the buildings, the fashionalbe ladies walking around and the smell of the fresh Parisian air in the morning. Its the little things that make a place special...the little things add up to something big! You'll find your niche! I promise!

    ReplyDelete