My story...

I left Vancouver on April 4 2010 to live one year abroad. I arrived in London- spent a week with my cousins, headed over to Ireland to see some more cousins and tour the country, back to London for a day- and arrived in Paris on April 28th, 2010. I found an apartment and started working on May 10th. From May 2010 until February 2011 I lived the Parisian life and took advantage of living in the epicenter of the world by traveling and exploring numerous nearby countries such as: Algeria, Portugal, Switzerland, Spain, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, the south of France, Belgium, Morocco, and South Africa.
This blog takes you into the wonderful adventures of my life with stories and pictures galore.
I was due back to Vancouver on April 1, 2011- where I took my position back after my one year leave. I flew back to Vancouver on March 27, 2011. It has been good to be back- I am so blessed as I am surrounded by such great people!!! So good to see friends and family again after 1 year!
Just because I'm back in Vancouver to what was my "normal" life... doesn't mean the adventures and blogging stop here. The adventures will continue I'm sure... so
the only way to stay informed with my random experiences is to come back to this page! So add it to your favourites.

last updated: April 2, 2011.

Wednesday 5 May 2010

Appreciation

Today is a day where I am going to share my appreciation for various things:

1- 3 years ago today I was hired at the ppt office. I am incredibly grateful for the job and the opportunity they have given me to take a one year leave (I am due back to my position April 1, 2011). So many people in the world are either not working, working for minimal wages, are slaving away physically, have to work 12+ hours a day, or just got layed off last week. I do not take my job for granted. We always find something to complain about, but remember that you are very fortunate compared to most people in the world. I am taking this day and every day to appreciate it....you should too!




2- Today marks it exactly 1 month since I have been in Europe. Just the opportunity to be here in Paris at all is amazing... not many people ever get the opporunity to travel like I have. Special thanks.

3- I am grateful for my two legs. After having travelled around Europe a bit, you really do need 2 functioning legs. There are so many offices, apartment buildings, houses, museums, metro stations that are not wheel chair accessible. While in Europe, you do a lot of walking around. I would not be able to enjoy these things without the two very legs I am standing on. Therefore, I am also grateful for my limbs.

4- I am going to say thank you to my parents. Thank you for putting me in French Immersion when I started school. Although my french is super rusty, the fact that I'm not totally lost in this city is amazing. I am looking forward to becoming super fluent after I get out of this English Speaking hostel!!!

The list goes on...but I wanted to mention these ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment