My story...

I left Vancouver on April 4 2010 to live one year abroad. I arrived in London- spent a week with my cousins, headed over to Ireland to see some more cousins and tour the country, back to London for a day- and arrived in Paris on April 28th, 2010. I found an apartment and started working on May 10th. From May 2010 until February 2011 I lived the Parisian life and took advantage of living in the epicenter of the world by traveling and exploring numerous nearby countries such as: Algeria, Portugal, Switzerland, Spain, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, the south of France, Belgium, Morocco, and South Africa.
This blog takes you into the wonderful adventures of my life with stories and pictures galore.
I was due back to Vancouver on April 1, 2011- where I took my position back after my one year leave. I flew back to Vancouver on March 27, 2011. It has been good to be back- I am so blessed as I am surrounded by such great people!!! So good to see friends and family again after 1 year!
Just because I'm back in Vancouver to what was my "normal" life... doesn't mean the adventures and blogging stop here. The adventures will continue I'm sure... so
the only way to stay informed with my random experiences is to come back to this page! So add it to your favourites.

last updated: April 2, 2011.

Tuesday 11 May 2010

FAMILIA

Where do I begin?!

Oh my goodness... Words can't describe how lovely my family has been to me.

A big thank you to the support I have received from my family in Canada. I am so very blessed to have such a wonderful group of people around me back home. My mother and father, grandmother Gamiet and grandparents Reid, siblings, aunts and uncles, and cousins have been so very supportive.

I would also like to acknowledge my lovely cousins in London for housing me for my first week in London- Alia and Reyan, you were so very kind and warm. Thank you for giving me keys to your home and letting me plan the beginning of my European tour from your home! Reyan- I am loving Entourage! I will need the next couple of seasons next time I see you!!!!

Thank you to my cousin Ayesha for the tour of your school and the beautiful lunch in London!

Thank you to Aunty Miriam, Uncle Arshad, Ziemmie, and kiddies for the lunch on Friday afternoon- I really enjoyed the tea on the patio too!

Thank you to Aunty Farida and Uncle Dougie and Sammy for the DELICIOUS dinner!!! MMmmmm.. I'm still dreaming about how amazing the flavours of that meat was... must eat there again upon my return to London... sound good Alia?!?!?

Thank you to Zee, Hash, and Aya for the most amazing stay in Dublin. Allowing me to have a key to your home also was so wonderful. I really enjoyed our mini road trips and the late night chats... the older sister I never had. xoxox Aya-- you are such a ball of joy, do you think your mom and dad would notice if I put you in my pocket and brought you to France and Canada with me?! ;) I have so much love for you!

Thank you to my cousin Mikail in Cork for the lovely weekend. We work well as a team, me as the driver, you as the navigator. MMmmm..your cooking and baking skills came in handy! Loved the gnocchi! I need to find me one of you, a doctor/chef/baker.

Thank you to my Aunty Miriam and cousin Ayesha for the lovely visit in Paris. It was so wonderful seeing familiar faces before I start up here... it was such a breath of fresh air!

I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful group of friends too... all of you reading this, I appreciate you.

xoxoxoxo


1 comment:

  1. Farida, you're right - really it simply comes down to family, those you adopt and those that adopt you. Farida, you are an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete