My story...

I left Vancouver on April 4 2010 to live one year abroad. I arrived in London- spent a week with my cousins, headed over to Ireland to see some more cousins and tour the country, back to London for a day- and arrived in Paris on April 28th, 2010. I found an apartment and started working on May 10th. From May 2010 until February 2011 I lived the Parisian life and took advantage of living in the epicenter of the world by traveling and exploring numerous nearby countries such as: Algeria, Portugal, Switzerland, Spain, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, the south of France, Belgium, Morocco, and South Africa.
This blog takes you into the wonderful adventures of my life with stories and pictures galore.
I was due back to Vancouver on April 1, 2011- where I took my position back after my one year leave. I flew back to Vancouver on March 27, 2011. It has been good to be back- I am so blessed as I am surrounded by such great people!!! So good to see friends and family again after 1 year!
Just because I'm back in Vancouver to what was my "normal" life... doesn't mean the adventures and blogging stop here. The adventures will continue I'm sure... so
the only way to stay informed with my random experiences is to come back to this page! So add it to your favourites.

last updated: April 2, 2011.

Thursday 17 June 2010

Exploring paris with a partner in crime vs the trio: me, myself and I.

So this is my dilemma. I am dying to have a partner in crime… maybe I'm just a social being… but I wish I could have another single, easy going, fun, 26 year old female to be my partner in crime. I want someone to go to cafes with, enjoy the nightlife, explore the surrounding areas around Paris, go to museums with, etc. Now I know this might be asking too much or maybe it's too early… but I just wish i had this type of person around me right now. At least one close friend that fits the description above.


Okay… so the current alternative is exploring Paris on my own. Now… I think I just have to come to realize that this is my situation, and I have to accept it. Paris is actually a city where this is quite possible. There are many things I can do solo… and I plan on doing that.



I have met some good people… a couple of people from my work have been very nice. But I so badly want to socialize with friendly french people. I have had some encounters with french people so far… but most of them are not welcoming, cold, and unfriendly. :( I heard it's more the Parisians than anything… I heard that the french people from the south are not as depressed and are very nice. So… I have looked into train tickets, even just to head down south for the weekend. It's possible… but SO expensive!!! A return train ticket is 160 euros… ouch. I'll figure something out :) For now… I have a list of museums/shows that I want to go see.


So I looked into playing soccer… it's not as popular here in the summer (for women). Team sports start up again in September when the university students go back to school…everyone drifts away during the summer. So playing soccer is pending at the moment.


I would like to start focusing on the arts. This being a city surrounded by art… I might as well become a part of it. So… I will be looking into taking some painting classes, guitar lessons, and cooking classes. However, this is Paris… therefore things are very expensive. Hopefully I can find some more budget friendly classes.


If you have any more suggestions on being proactive…. let me know! For now… I think I have some good leads :)


Updates on these subjects to come (after pay day: June 30).

1 comment:

  1. "But I so badly want to socialize with friendly french people" Sorry Farida, there are no such thing as friendly french people, or at least friendly Parisians, so you are out of luck.
    I tried to tell you these things before you left! Paris is only fun for holidays.
    You need to befriend foreigners!

    ReplyDelete