My story...

I left Vancouver on April 4 2010 to live one year abroad. I arrived in London- spent a week with my cousins, headed over to Ireland to see some more cousins and tour the country, back to London for a day- and arrived in Paris on April 28th, 2010. I found an apartment and started working on May 10th. From May 2010 until February 2011 I lived the Parisian life and took advantage of living in the epicenter of the world by traveling and exploring numerous nearby countries such as: Algeria, Portugal, Switzerland, Spain, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, the south of France, Belgium, Morocco, and South Africa.
This blog takes you into the wonderful adventures of my life with stories and pictures galore.
I was due back to Vancouver on April 1, 2011- where I took my position back after my one year leave. I flew back to Vancouver on March 27, 2011. It has been good to be back- I am so blessed as I am surrounded by such great people!!! So good to see friends and family again after 1 year!
Just because I'm back in Vancouver to what was my "normal" life... doesn't mean the adventures and blogging stop here. The adventures will continue I'm sure... so
the only way to stay informed with my random experiences is to come back to this page! So add it to your favourites.

last updated: April 2, 2011.

Wednesday 30 June 2010

BEST DAYYYYYY

Okay.... I don't even know where to begin I am just happy as a clam right now.... okay... point form always works when you have no order but have so much to say.

1- My brother arrived this morning from South Africa... he showed me amazing videos and pictures of our family.... I miss them so much... it is so hard having family that lives on the other side of the world, $2000 dollars away... I am so much looking forward to seeing them in December... after seeing videos and pictures, even personalized ones from my little cuzzies... just means the world to me. Wow... so touched, and so looking forward to seeing them.

2- My bro, Riyad, met me after work and we headed towards La Cigale which is a concert venue in the red light district, a few blocks from Moulin Rouge. Last Friday we went out for a Consular Section dinner and we went to this fab Italian restaurant. When I saw that the concert was in the same area... I knew we had to go there for dinner as Riyad's fave food is pasta. Well... I will take the credit of introducing him to his now favorite Italian Restaurant in the world.... (and thank you to Rana for having your going away party there on Friday).

3- I saw that Playing for Change was coming to Paris and had to buy tickets, Riyad happened to be here at the same time, so I bought 2........

3a- THE BEST CONCERT I HAVE EVER BEEN TO!!!!!!!

3b- I HAD THE HONOUR... AND WHAT AN HONOUR IT WAS TO MEET THE FOUNDER: Mr. Mark Johnson... he is such an inspiration. He is in my top 20 most influential people of my life ( at least 10 of those people being family members). He is the founder of my essence and my essence is founded upon the concept of bringing world peace through music. WOW... what an honour it was to meet him and tell him that I am so proud of what he is accomplishing... please visit to refresh your memory.

http://faridaexplores.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-love-for-musica.html

And as promised on my post from April ... I have been showing everyone and anyone this DVD, spreading the message like germs spread on the poles in the metro. hahaha. Our conversation was around me telling him how much I truly appreciate his work and am so proud/motivated by him as a person, and that I have been and will keep bringing the DVD around the world with me... spreading the word. He kept hugging me and kissing my cheek saying thank you so muchh and I said I was from Vancouver and he said he loves Vancouver... and oh my hat (hehe.. zee) It was just wonderful.

3c- Now the concert itself... to die for. It was so incredible. I just can't even explain the energy in the whole place. DEFINITELY AN IIIIITTTTTCCCCCCCCCCCC (ITC= Inability to capture) Videos take way too long to post on blogspot, so I will upload them somewhere else for you to view, but here is a taste of concert... not a bite, just a taste.










4- So Riyad and I get home at about 11: 45 from the concert and I thought, what the heck, I'll check my mailbox.

OHHHHH MYYYYYYY GOSSSSSHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo blessed, you just don't understand. My INCREDIBLE co-workers put together a package with letters, notes, goodies such as gum, raspberry deodorant (hehe), microwave popcorn (Mia :) ), nibs, skittles, a Public Service Frisbee... hahahahahaha... and a fantabulous HOME MADE card (thanks anita) signed by the whole office. CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?!?!?!? BECAUSE I CAN'T!!!!!!!!! How can people be so kind?! I called the work line today to thank the few people that were around and it just didn't even have the words for them. I was just ecstatic. A special Thank You to Magda for organizing it and sending it off, but MANYYYYYY thank you to all those who contributed... as simple as signing the lovely card, your kind gesture of keeping me in your 'mind space' alone just makes me so grateful to you.

I haven't looked at it all or read it all yet, but individual 'thank yous' will be going out upon my return from....

5- BARCELONA IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So my brother and I are heading to Barcelona in the morning! Which I still haven't packed for... and it's 1: 30 am... but that's OKAY... because soon enough I will be dipping my feet in the Mediterranean Sea!!!!! Obviously blog posts and pictures to come....

6- All in all... a fantabulous day. I love my life.

4 comments:

  1. Life loves you...
    WOW! I can't say anymore!
    Hugz to Riyad...
    Swim Frolick Eat Have fun in Espagnol!
    Love you darling!

    Zx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww glad to hear that you had such an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hugs, more Hugs, and Even More Hugs.....savour the moments!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take it all in sista'! We all love you and are living vicariously through you & your awesome experiences. Thanks for mentioning us in your blog, Farida. i'm so glad you are doing what you wanted to do and hoped to do. Love, Mags Xxxx

    ReplyDelete