My story...

I left Vancouver on April 4 2010 to live one year abroad. I arrived in London- spent a week with my cousins, headed over to Ireland to see some more cousins and tour the country, back to London for a day- and arrived in Paris on April 28th, 2010. I found an apartment and started working on May 10th. From May 2010 until February 2011 I lived the Parisian life and took advantage of living in the epicenter of the world by traveling and exploring numerous nearby countries such as: Algeria, Portugal, Switzerland, Spain, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, the south of France, Belgium, Morocco, and South Africa.
This blog takes you into the wonderful adventures of my life with stories and pictures galore.
I was due back to Vancouver on April 1, 2011- where I took my position back after my one year leave. I flew back to Vancouver on March 27, 2011. It has been good to be back- I am so blessed as I am surrounded by such great people!!! So good to see friends and family again after 1 year!
Just because I'm back in Vancouver to what was my "normal" life... doesn't mean the adventures and blogging stop here. The adventures will continue I'm sure... so
the only way to stay informed with my random experiences is to come back to this page! So add it to your favourites.

last updated: April 2, 2011.

Monday 7 March 2011

My french evolution

So I guess after a year of living in Paris- it has rubbed off on me. How so you ask?!

If you read previous posts if when I first arrived in Paris- I was having a hard time accepting the cultural differences with Vancouver. It was challenging at first as the differences are quite prominent.

Okay some examples:

I used to curse at high heels for minimum of 8 hours a day- I have now embraced them.

I used to hate coffee, now I love my café crème.

I used to wear very colourful outfits - I like wearing black now.

I used to have a smile on my face, even on public transit! Now I look as grim as the rest of them.

I used to not like raw salmon in sushi, now I can't get enough of it.

I used to appreciate the people in my life 99%, now I appreciate them 101%.

I used to have only 2 pages stamped in my passport, now I have 18 pages stamped.

I used to appreciate friends in quantity, now I appreciate them in quality.

I used to think french were rude, some of them still are, but there's some pretty freaking fantastic ones out there.

I used to not have as much confidence in myself, now it's oozing out of me. (hehe jk- not oozing, just lightly gushing)

I used to be afraid to speak french in public and blushed EVERY time, now I speak with confidence, despite the errors- and keep my natural skin colour.

I used to just have a regular phone and not care too much about it, I now love my smart-phone and am addicted to it.

I used to be lazy about working out now, I now want to go to the gym every day and feel bad if I don't!

I used to like chocolate, and despite how much I try to cut it out, I still really like it.

I used to not eat white bread, I now eat french baguettes.

I used to have people as my best friends, I now have Vasco, Nunez, my camera, and my blackberry as my best friends.

I used to not smoke, now I second hand smoke (scared ya haha)

I used to not like expensive things- I still don't like REALLY expensive things, but I like expensiver things.

I used to not wear face and eye cream, I now wear face and eye cream.

I used to not straighten my hair so much, ever since I was introduced to the best and cheapest Moroccan hair dresser, I love my hair straight.

I used to not mind living out of a back pack- after a year, I am a little tired of it.

I used to not have aches and pains- I'm only 27 and I have a sore foot and a sore back.

Well- that's all that are coming to my mind right now. I am sure I have evolved in many other ways too :) Once I get back to Vancouver- I am sure the people there will spot some more differences!

(I didn't say all of my changes were going to be positive ones, nor did I say they will last forever :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment