My story...

I left Vancouver on April 4 2010 to live one year abroad. I arrived in London- spent a week with my cousins, headed over to Ireland to see some more cousins and tour the country, back to London for a day- and arrived in Paris on April 28th, 2010. I found an apartment and started working on May 10th. From May 2010 until February 2011 I lived the Parisian life and took advantage of living in the epicenter of the world by traveling and exploring numerous nearby countries such as: Algeria, Portugal, Switzerland, Spain, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, the south of France, Belgium, Morocco, and South Africa.
This blog takes you into the wonderful adventures of my life with stories and pictures galore.
I was due back to Vancouver on April 1, 2011- where I took my position back after my one year leave. I flew back to Vancouver on March 27, 2011. It has been good to be back- I am so blessed as I am surrounded by such great people!!! So good to see friends and family again after 1 year!
Just because I'm back in Vancouver to what was my "normal" life... doesn't mean the adventures and blogging stop here. The adventures will continue I'm sure... so
the only way to stay informed with my random experiences is to come back to this page! So add it to your favourites.

last updated: April 2, 2011.

Sunday 6 March 2011

21 days

Well I have decided to take a different approach to my delayed blogging.

I will write a bit about how I feel and what I am doing right now- I will fill in the blanks as I go along- so it will be a mashup of posts with no specific order at the moment- hoping to get back on track when I go back to Canada.

Okay- so I am currently in Lyon, France- after having visited a friend in Chambéry, France with a dinner in Geneva, Switzerland- I am preparing my next 21 days. Yes- that is the number of days before I take the magical flight back to Canada.

Thought I would share with you the significance of the number 21.
  • Symbol of the person centered on the object and either on himself.

  • Number of the perfection by excellence, 3 x 7, according to the Bible.

  • This number "contains the ratios of the principle of individuality 1 with the cosmic differentiation 20", according to R. Allendy. These ratios would constitute an act of organization - 2 + 1 = 3: "Thus the principle of individuality, placed between the world of the spirit and that the matter, realizes in itself the meeting of both."

  • For Claude of Saint-Martin, "the number 21 is the number of destruction or rather of universal termination, because, as 2 is separated from 1, it is necessary that it has a means of to unite there if it wants it. This number shows at the same time the command of the production of things and their end, as well in the spiritual one as in the corporal one."

  • Number representing the maturity and the responsibility for an individual. It expresses also the notion of chief.

So here I am - soon to be going back to Canada after my one year abroad.

My goodness - this experience has turned out to be much much more than I expected it to be. It has been incredible.

I am having mixed feelings about leaving Europe. I have made such amazing friends and my colleagues were absolutely wonderful. I will miss the easy access to surrounding countries and the history of Paris, France, and Europe. I am really looking forward to seeing my family, friends, and colleagues in Vancouver though. I am looking forward to living out of drawers and not my suit case/ back packs. I need to treat myself to a massage when I get back. I am looking forward to having a stable 'home' for a while.

I am not ending one adventure, I will be starting another.

Uploading pictures is a process. I will with time- for now, look forward to a few words from me as I live out my 21 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment