My story...

I left Vancouver on April 4 2010 to live one year abroad. I arrived in London- spent a week with my cousins, headed over to Ireland to see some more cousins and tour the country, back to London for a day- and arrived in Paris on April 28th, 2010. I found an apartment and started working on May 10th. From May 2010 until February 2011 I lived the Parisian life and took advantage of living in the epicenter of the world by traveling and exploring numerous nearby countries such as: Algeria, Portugal, Switzerland, Spain, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, the south of France, Belgium, Morocco, and South Africa.
This blog takes you into the wonderful adventures of my life with stories and pictures galore.
I was due back to Vancouver on April 1, 2011- where I took my position back after my one year leave. I flew back to Vancouver on March 27, 2011. It has been good to be back- I am so blessed as I am surrounded by such great people!!! So good to see friends and family again after 1 year!
Just because I'm back in Vancouver to what was my "normal" life... doesn't mean the adventures and blogging stop here. The adventures will continue I'm sure... so
the only way to stay informed with my random experiences is to come back to this page! So add it to your favourites.

last updated: April 2, 2011.

Saturday 23 October 2010

The Ritz Hotel

Define luxury....

luxury |ˈlək sh (ə)rē; ˈləg zh (ə)-|
noun ( pl. -ries)

1. the state of great comfort and extravagant living : he lived a life of luxury.
2. an inessential, desirable item that is expensive or difficult to obtain : luxuries like raspberry vinegar and state-of-the-art mp3 players.
3. a
material object, service, etc., conducive to sumptuous living, usually a delicacy, elegance, or refinement of living rather than a necessity:
Gold cufflinks were a luxury not allowed for in his budget.
4. free or habitual indulgence in or enjoyment of comforts and pleasures in addition to those necessary for a reasonable standard of well-being: a life of luxury on the french Riviera.
5. a means of ministering to such indulgence or enjoyment: This travel plan gives you the luxury of choosing which countries you can visit.
6. a pleasure out of the ordinary allowed to oneself: the luxury of an extra piece of the cake.

Staying at the Ritz Four Seasons Hotel was as luxurious as staying in rural Algeria. Depending on which definition of "luxury" I choose to use- the former statement is very much true.

It's neat having stayed in "Communal home in a Third World Country" vs. a "Five Star Hotel in a First World 'European' Country"- both have their positive qualities, and both are rated 5 stars- but for different reasons. It is the real life that +50% of people on this planet live vs. the rich- unknown to many- life that 1% of people live.

What a neat experience none the less and I am just as grateful for my time in Lisbon as my time in Boufarik! Thank you to Roseni for the gratis nights at the Four Seasons! Here are some pictures of our weekend Kingdom...


The hallway to our chambers (9th of 10 floors):
Our Chambers:









The view from our Chambers:





The Pool/Spa:














The Business Center:

Secret corners in the hotel we explored late at night:











Paper picture pose....
The fitness center area on the top floor at night:


The fitness center the next morning:



The view of Lisbon:


Thank you Roseni for a fabulous accommodation at....
The Ritz.

No comments:

Post a Comment