My story...

I left Vancouver on April 4 2010 to live one year abroad. I arrived in London- spent a week with my cousins, headed over to Ireland to see some more cousins and tour the country, back to London for a day- and arrived in Paris on April 28th, 2010. I found an apartment and started working on May 10th. From May 2010 until February 2011 I lived the Parisian life and took advantage of living in the epicenter of the world by traveling and exploring numerous nearby countries such as: Algeria, Portugal, Switzerland, Spain, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, the south of France, Belgium, Morocco, and South Africa.
This blog takes you into the wonderful adventures of my life with stories and pictures galore.
I was due back to Vancouver on April 1, 2011- where I took my position back after my one year leave. I flew back to Vancouver on March 27, 2011. It has been good to be back- I am so blessed as I am surrounded by such great people!!! So good to see friends and family again after 1 year!
Just because I'm back in Vancouver to what was my "normal" life... doesn't mean the adventures and blogging stop here. The adventures will continue I'm sure... so
the only way to stay informed with my random experiences is to come back to this page! So add it to your favourites.

last updated: April 2, 2011.

Saturday 16 October 2010

Dublin with my favorite Irish 4 yr old!

I was debating whether I would go to London or Dublin for the family ... and I chose London... so two weeks later I was booked for Dublin to see my cousin Zee, her husband Hash, and their daughter Aya...and of course their lovely group of friends. I flew in Friday night with 2 boxes of macarons!!! I arrived to a lovely Dublin overlooking this stunning sunset from the Double Decker bus...






Hashmit and Aya were there to pick me up at the bus station in Dublin... how lovely was it seeing them!!!! Aya was the cutest little button in her little Dublin school uniform... a little cutie!!! We got back to their place and an amazing Mexican dinner was waiting for us!!! Zee had made fabulous fajitas, amazing mojitos, chicken wings, and best of all...wonderful company!!!! The night is never complete without a fabulous cup of tea and late night chats with my big sis/cousin Zee :) Saturday we took a drive up to the North of Ireland and spent the day strolling around and did a bit of shopping- took advantage of the outlet malls!!! Sunday we walked around Dublin center and went out for lovely Sushi, had a fabulous cup of tea in a chic new hotel and was off to the airport....another successful weekend in Ireland...but what made it super fabulous is my most favorite 4 year old ever... little Miss Aya. I guess it is a quality I have always had... getting along well with kids... maybe it's their youthfulness, their care free attitude, their happiness...whatever it is, we share many qualities... which I think is why we get a long great....I have a lot of patience too :)

Some of the many reasons why Aya is a delight to be around:
- her cute little voice- her Irish/South African/Ayan accent
- her wealth of knowledge as a 4 year old
- her capacity to recite incredible stores
- her caring soul
- her giggle
- her respect for her mother and father
- her need to always want to help
- her drawing that I will love and cherish forever and ever: This her and I in spending a day in Paris together beside the Eiffel Tower... I love the hair and my eye lashes hehe


- while her mommy and daddy were shopping in the grocery store her and I were playing rocket ship... funnest game ever, I picked her up and pretended to fly her around the isle as a rocket ship, but there was something wrong with her engine which made her head bounce of rolls of toilet paper (the softest item in the isles)... we kept taking her rocket to the repair shop, but nothing could be done.
- that same shopping trip... I had my blackberry and I put on some music... we found ourselves dancing in the isles where... just, her, myself, and the music. It is important to stop and appreciate moments in your life... I stopped for a pause to appreciate.
- her chicken wiggle dance! ha ha..so cute
-our most fabulous tea party with the most delicious tea ever....





Thank you Zee, Hash, and Aya for the weekend... I loved every minute of it and look forward to seeing you again soon... my home away from home away from home. xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment